Well my recovery is going well. I go to physical therapy once a week, where Tyler kicks my butt. He has me doing so many strange exercises to strengthen my muscles around my knee. When you have surgery to repair a ligament your brain cuts off the muscles surrounding the injury. So for a while I couldn't get my quad to make a muscle and it is really small now from muscle lag. So Tyler has been helping me get my brain to make it work again. It's amazing to me how it takes years to build up a strong muscle and seconds to destroy it. But it's been kind of fun doing so much. I started to regress so Tyler said "water therapy". I was thinking great more money spent on my bum knee. But luckily I found an awesome gym. Lil' Audrey's in Ogden. This place is off the hook, it's family owned (local first right) and I just love everyone who work's there. Celeste (Audrey's daughter) is an athlete, she runs the 100 mile races (crazy) and as soon as I got there she made it her mission to get me better, if not stronger than before. With my membership I get free personal training, free daycare (huge bonus) free weight loss consulting ( she has me keep a food journal that I show to her everyday, so if I cheat she knows it) it has a pool, and tons of equipment and the best part is, it's only 27 dollars a month. I love going there it's decorated so cute and everyone is awesome. http://www.lilaudreys.net/index.html
My recovery is going great now, I swim everyday and I am doing the Wii fit at home, I love the fit it's really fun. I have almost full range of motion back, I can not only make a muscle with my quad, I am getting sore from the work. Tyler says that's really good! And to top it all off I am losing weight woo hoo.
Scott has been so awesome during all this, he has taken on 4 job's. His job with OAC, taking care of me when I am to sore or swollen to get out of bed, taking care of Sebastian (full time job in itself) and he does 90% of the house work. He really is super Dado, husband, motivator. So to repay him I am watching a lot of football, and getting into the game. And listening to a lot of hip hop and rapp, which I never really liked. But I have to say I am loving JayZ his song the Threat has been my anthem for my recovery. Any time I feel like I can't do it I think of that song and I "Get that dirt off my shoulders". He loves that I am sharing some of his interest and I love giving back to him, I really think it has brought us closer. I at least know he is keeping 2 vows sickness and in health, and richer or poorer.
Thank you to everyone, for you help and for thinking and praying for me to get better. I really have felt loved by everyone in my life...Your all the best...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! Sounds like the gym is great and your recovery is going well. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment