My sweet husband fell on me from a latter in August. He fell because the light fixture he was trying to take down cut him very badly, he needed 15 stitches. During all the chaos I hurt my knee as well, at the time we didn't think much of it. We were trying to stop the bleeding from the massive cut on Scott's arm.
My knee buckled and was sore, but it never really swelled or showed signs of a serious injury. So I put on a ace bandage and walked with a limp. Well a month goes by and its still not better so I go to see the Doc. After x-ray and MRI turns out I ruptured my ACL. What... I never heard a pop and my knee was barly swollen, I thought it so strange the ligament tore and I didn't swell or bruise.
Well surgery was needed (yikes) I don't like the thought of being put "under" six months of rehab is needed, and here's the worse part of it all. NO SKIING!!! I was crushed, and the poor Dr had to watch someone he just meet cry like a little baby, and I did I balled. What a boob I was. We had already bought season passes to powder mountain and I can't use them. I even asked if we could just put a really good brace on and do the surgery after ski season. His reply was sure if you want to tare your PCL too. What a bummer, Powder Mountain was nice enough to give us a refund on my pass. And Scott bought me a Wii what a sweety.
The surgery went well it's been three days, and although my knee is the size of a basketball and hurts, the Dr says I should heal fine.
Everyone around us has been so awesome. Helping out with Baz and making us meals, if not we would starve I'm not sure Scott can cook anything but meat.
Sue and Dad have watched Baz and she made this Lasagna that was so yummy. Jamie also brought us this yummy chicken dish, we all had seconds. Kerin was so awesome to she took Baz to play and came over to sit with me and help me pee, while Scott went to the U game with Josh. And Troy took Baz to play with his kids, so he wasn't just watching TV. Steve and Myrna bought me pretty roses and wished they could be closer to help, which made me feel awesome you it's the thought that counts. And Chris and Julia called Scott and texted me a ton to make sure I was okay, awesome friends
Thank you so much everyone for being there for us you have helped make things much easier since I am still stuck in bed.
Love you all for all the help
I will keep you posted on the rehab
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dang women! Sounds like you've had a rough week :( I can't believe all that happened.... I hope you get well, sorry we're not there to bring you a dinner dish or some company :( Know we'll be thinking of you though.... Keep us updated on your rehab okay!
Girls said hello and hope you feel better. They said to give Baz a hug from them.
Love and miss you!!
Oh! I am so sorry that happened! Good luck on the recovery!!
Post a Comment